Nature nursery for babies
Woodentots Montessori Nature Babies
128 Myddleton Road
This is the newest edition to our family, with the quality, care and attention to detail you would expect of Woodentots.
Our Nature Babies will offer a bespoke day nursery for 15 babies. From 3 months to 3 years old. The environment has been well thought out to offer a natural sensory experience. Beautiful wooden toys and materials that are carefully chosen for heuristic play. Following the Montessori philosophy “help me to do it alone” low level shelves and baskets are arranged with “treasure baskets” to develop sensory awareness, strengthen cognitive development and independence. Imagination and creativity are nurtured through free play with simple toys and natural materials. Set up by Paula Woodman, with 27 years of experience, Paula is a passionate Montessorian and nature lover. Both Montessori and Forest School trained she is gifted in finding OUTSTANDING teachers for her schools. Awarded Montessorian of The Year 2017, Paula has always wanted to offer something truly special from what the conventional day nurseries offer for babies. A homely nurturing environment, a protected place to prepare for joining a larger group of children from the age of 3.
Inspired by Montessori,
Inspired by Steiner,
Inspired by Nature.
Everyday come rain or shine we will go out and about in our “turtle bus” (pushchair for 6) to access nature and the wider community visits to the local park, walks along the canal, feeding the ducks, watching, listening, touching and smelling nature. Following the Forest School ethos to enable freedom to explore.
Weekly activities will include:
- Organic Bread making
- Sound healing
- Sign and Rhyme
Freshly prepared meals will be provided by our cook, where possible the ingredients will be organic and we will offer both purees or baby led weening. We will be guided by our parents in how they would like us to support this. We will provide breakfast, midmorning snacks, lunch, afternoon snacks and supper. Meals are shared together around a low table to encourage social skills.
Baby led weaning, babyledweaning.com quite simply, means letting your child feed themselves from the very start of weaning. According to the most recent research most babies reach out for food at around six months, by then, our children are developmentally capable of feeding themselves proper food.
- Breakfast – porridge fingers, eggy Banana bread.
- Snacks – hand held munchies suitable for when we are out and about, cooked sticks like carrots, sweet potato, courgette, raw chunks like banana, apple, melon.
- Lunch – a ‘family’ lunch eaten together around low level tables. Frittata, savoury muffins, pasta, followed by chunks of fruit
- Tea – wholesome cooked food like fishcakes, chicken skewers, avocado, sweet potato wedges, followed by yoghurt, chia pudding, fruit.
Bottles and milk to be provided by the Parent.
Nappies – at Woodentots we will use eco friendly nappies which will be provided. Parent’s can bring their own nappies/wipes/creams if they prefer.
Changing nappies whilst out and about – we will take out kit which will include a pop up nappy changing tent and potable change mat.
We will be led by your babies natural rhythm for nap times.
Our sleep coracles offer freedom for the babies to crawl in and out for a nap as they feel ready to. We will also help with following their natural rhythms settling them down for a nap with their own blankets and soothers. Our tranquil nap room is kept to a comfortable temperature, meditation music, oils burning and slightly darkened to promote a peaceful nap time. Babies are always put on their backs and a staff member in the room to monitor them.
Some babies may nap whilst we are out and about, the “turtle bus” has reclining seats during these times. Sleeping outdoors is believed to improve overall health.
- Christmas Break – Last day Friday 22nd December 2017 – return Tuesday 2nd January 2018
- Easter Break – Last day Thursday 29th March 2018 – return Monday 9th April 2018
- Bank Holidays 2018 – 7th May, 28th May, 27th August
- There is no charge for fees during these period/on these dates
Payments are Paid Monthly by Direct Debit (1 month in advance)
- 1 day a week £408.33 monthly
- 2 days a week £816.67 monthly
- 3 days a week £1225 monthly
- 4 days a week £1633.33 monthly
- 5 days a week £2041.67 monthly
These charges reflect holiday closure dates.
You are warmly welcomed to visit the setting, to make an appointment please email the school.